We also particularly welcome applications in statistics, bioinformatics, and robotics.
• A highly international and interdisciplinary research environment with English as working language on campus
• State-of-the-art facilities and scientific support services (https://ista.ac.at/scientific-service-units)
• Substantial start-up package and attractive salary
• Guaranteed annual base funding including funding for PhD students and postdocs
• An international Graduate School with high admissions criteria and a rigorous training program
• Leadership program
• Employee Assistance Program
• Dual Career support packages
• Child-care facilities on campus (for children aged 3 months till school age)
ISTA is an international institute dedicated to basic research and graduate education in the natural, mathematical, and computational sciences. The institute's mission is excellence in research and graduate education (see https://ist.ac.at/en/institute/awards/ for some recent success stories). ISTA fosters an interactive, collegial, and supportive atmosphere, sharing space and resources between research groups whenever possible, and facilitating cross-disciplinary collaborations. Our PhD program involves a multi-disciplinary course schedule and rotations in research groups, and we hire scholars from diverse international backgrounds. The campus of ISTA is located close to Vienna, one of the most livable cities in the world. Since 2019, ISTA hosts an ELLIS Unit.
Assistant professors receive independent group leader positions with an initial contract of six years, at the end of which they are reviewed by
international peers. If the evaluation is positive, an assistant professor is promoted to a tenured professor. Candidates for tenured positions are distinguished scientists in their respective research fields and typically have at least six years of experience in leading a research group.
ISTA values diversity and is committed to equal opportunities. We strive to increase the number of women, particularly in fields where they are
underrepresented, and therefore we strongly encourage female researchers to apply.
Please apply online at: https://ist.ac.at/en/jobs/faculty/
The closing date for applications is October 27, 2022.