We currently have an immediate job opening for a Senior Lecturer (must hold a Doctorate/Ph.D. degree) for a 40-hour/week five-year position at the Institute of Computer Graphics.
- Independently teach university-level classes and supervise examinations (especially tutorials and practical training courses) in the field of Artificial Intelligence and Computer Science both at Bachelor and Master level to the extent of 16 hours per week
- Prepare and update teaching materials and examinations documents
- Co-supervise of Bachelor’s and Master’s theses
- Provide support to manage the institute’s general administration activities in the field of teaching
- The successful candidate must hold a Master’s and a Doctorate/Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence or similar field
- Must have teaching experience in areas such as computer graphics, computer vision, software development, algorithms and data structures, artificial intelligence (if possible with evaluation results)
- Experience with digital teaching and IT-supported teaching tools (Moodle, PowerPoint, forums, etc.)
- Strong command of German and English (German level C1, English level B2)
- Special commitment, ability to work well independently and as part of a team environment
What We Offer:
- On the basis of full-time employment (40 hours/week) the minimum salary in accordance with the collective agreement is € 4,061.50 gross per month (14 x per year, CA Job Grade: B1)
- Stable employer
- Attractive campus environment with good public transportation connections
- Attractive continual educational opportunities
- State-of-the-art research infrastructure
- Dynamic research environment
- Broad range of on-campus dining services/healthy meals (organic food at the cafeteria)
- Exercise and sports classes (USI)
- …and much more
Application Deadline: September 28, 2022.
The Johannes Kepler University wishes to increase the proportion of academic female faculty and, for this reason, especially welcomes applications by qualified women. If applicants are equally qualified, a woman will be given preference for this position. The university welcomes applications from qualified applicants with physical disabilities. These applications will be given special consideration.
How to Apply:
Prospective applicants interested in the multifaceted position are requested to electronically send an application in adherence to the stated criteria together with the requested documentation via our online portal jku.at/application or to the Johannes Kepler University Linz, Department of Human Resource Management, Altenberger Straße 69, A-4040 Linz. Please include “Job Reference Number 4964“ in your application.
If you have questions, please contact: Univ.Prof. Dr. Oliver Bimber, P +43 732 2468 6631, E‑mail: email@example.com.